Sunday, September 26, 2010

PSA Reflection: Week 5 of Multimedia and Video Technology


The last month has been an interesting one, to say the least.  While it is imperative that we, as educators, learn collaboration skills, the demands of creating a PSA as a team of four was an exercise in patience, tenacity, and understanding, more than actually learning how to use multimedia and video technology.
Our team was truly the model of a team.  All four members contributed equally to the work and the project.  We utilized our strengths and assigned roles relevant to those strengths.  While this definitely got the job accomplished, I do not feel as if my understanding of the content grew to the extent I expected it to grow.  Nevertheless, I do know that several of the things I learned, I am already using in my 8th grade ELA classroom. 
For example, my students are in the midst of creating a video of their town to send to a school of teenagers in rural Zimbabwe.  My knowledge of file conversion and shooting effective video has definitely enhanced the students’ work and understanding.
Reflection back on this project, I know I have gained knowledge.  I am, however, disappointed that I have not learned more.

No comments:

Post a Comment